Wednesday 29 September 2010

Blue Moon.......

Morning peeps I was asked to be a visiting artist for Gingersnap creations challenge blog for the month of October......looking forward to working with some great inspirational ladies, Ali then threw in a curved ball as they say and asked me to do the Blue Moon challenge.....this is when they have 5 Wednesdays in a month and because it only happens once in a while they call it the Blue Moon challenge.
This weeks challenge is to do something based on quilting patterns and there is a link if you require ispiration as well as templates for the quilting block patterns, now me being a numpty thought ohhhh that would look great in metal........this turned out to be a bigger project than I first imagined and it did have it a few probs. but I'm not one to give up ...lol so I continued well into Sunday night to finish it. I used gold and chocolate metal, and put some of the pieces through embossing folders, I used alchohol inks to add colour or to take colour off as the case may be.......see I'm still persivering with those inks.


Challenges
Tuesday Taggers......here comes autumn.
The stamp man .....altered.

12 comments:

Netty said...

Blooming brilliant Daniele, x

PepPop said...

Ooh this is gorgeous. I've never using my embossing folders for metal. Thanks for the idea. Jaqui x

Meggymay said...

Two words to describe this Daniele, Absolutely Fabulous. x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic texture and colours.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wowza, this is spectacular! What a fab piece!

JoAnne said...

Hi Daniele,
So glad you're not one to give up-it's spectacular!!!!!
Thanks so much for your visit and kind words.
xoJoAnne

Ali H said...

hi Daniele - thanks for stopping by & the encouraging words about birthdays ! Love this piece of work - I used to quilt but ran out of beds & got bogged down in projects that took weeks to finish but this is a stunning way to bring back happy memories of my quilty phase in a more managable scale - and I really enjoy metal work ! Would you mind if I have a go at something similar too ?

Anneliese said...

That's beautiful Daniele .. loving the colours too :D

Kay Carley said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at The Stamp Man :)

Jester said...

This looks fabulous, Daniele - what a great idea to make a metal quilt!

Unknown said...

Oh girl you always surprise me. This is gorgeous. Thanks playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko

Von said...

it's stunning !!! :)
Von