Tuesday 9 November 2010

Compendium of Curiosities....

Its seems ages since I last blogged but I've had a whirlwind of a crafting weekend, sorry for not posting any pics but now its dark in the mornings and evenings when I get home ,I have to wait for my day off work to take any half decent pictures, I think I may have to make a light box. This weeks challenge at Compendium of Curiosities is Perfect Distress....turn to page 38 for the deets, at least we're not doing anything extreme this week, I think I may have to have another go at this as I was a little heavy handed with the spritzing....well you learn by your mistakes as they say....I have photographed the card  this evening, so the photo is not too good but  I didn't want to wait till Thursday when its my day off again. The stamp is one of my favourite Tim Holtz christmas stamps, I've sprinkled it with silver embossing powder, I used Old Paper, Chipped Saphire, Tea dye and Broken China distress inks.I used an image from Crafty Individuals for the bottle top, I covered the image with glossy accents and sprinkled silver glitter on the top before it dried.......



Challenges

Compendium of Curiosities.....Perfect distress, main tag and sentiment tag done with the technique.
Simon says Stamp and Show......favourite Tim Holtz Tag.
Crafty Calendar....Winter theme, snowflakes.
Crazy 4 Challenges......square card.
Drunken Stampers.....use punches (snowflakes).
Paper Sundaes.....Let it snow.
Sunday Stampers....winter.
Spoon full of Sugar....Snowflakes

Thanks for taking a peek
hugs from Daniele

19 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Right up my street with this card Daniele hun, it is beautiful! Thanks for joinin in with the SUnday sTamper x

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful card, love your style Daniele!
Greetz, Frea

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, great colours. Has a real antique look about it.

Fiona said...

this is beautiful...Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Netty said...

Terrific card Daniele I love your style. The bottletop is a great touch. Better get my thinking hat on now for mine.........feeling a bit brain dead....no change there then I hear you say......lol ooh you are cheeky. Annette x

Pam said...

Very well done! I love that stamp too!!

Terry said...

Love that Santa stamp! Everything about your card is stunning. I love the extra sparkle!

MarleneMAZ said...

Your card is just gorgeous! very Christmassy and sparkly!

Sandy Ang said...

Awesome card !

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful!! I love all the shimmer~

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I really like the bottle cap and the glitter!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Kim said...

Wow! great multi-tasking with the challenges!! I think the distress came out great. I love all the layering.

Nancy said...

This is SO pretty!!!
Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

Alica said...

so cool! Love all the elements you combined on your card!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

AJ said...

Love your design and the creativity you have put to it...

Sue West said...

Such a lovely card, I love the colours and great shimmer.
Sue

Lynne Forsythe said...

OHHHHHH what shimmery goodness you have going on!! A totally wonderful card!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog!!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Daniele, I think it's gorgeous and it looks to me like you spritzed just right! In other works, it's *perfectly* distressed!

I love that Santa image, too, and the blue and silver color scheme is lovely for him. The little bottle cap is such a clever touch, and looks like a snow globe with the glitter swirling around.

You gave this piece so many special little touches, actually--the snowflakes and rhinestones and sparkly ribbon, and it's really something special!

Caroline said...

Stunning card!!! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge this month.
Caroline x