Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mothers Day....

Morning everyone hope you all have a loving happy fun filled Mothers Day, and that you get to put your feet up and be pampered for a day, I'm ussually the first up in my house so there will be no cup of tea in bed.....well there would if I stayed in bed until midday....lol.
I'll tell you a funny story about one Mothers Day, when my son was at school he did Domestic science and he made a lovely sponge filled flan and in the centre was fruit, It was scrummy, so for Mothers Day he decided to cook another one for me as a surprise, now you need one of those tins that has the centre filled in to make the flan part and we didn't have one, anyway on the day I got presented with another scrummy looking flan.....he confessed that he had used the DOG bowl to cook it in, he did say he'd washed it before using it, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, its one of those little memories that will stay with me for ever, by the way I didn't eat it although he said he'd washed the bowl out......thats kids for you.

Thought I'd share with you a couple of cards that I made using images from The Ooh La La Cd called Fleur D'Imagination.......love the vintage looking doily images with the pretty floral papers with the posies on.



Challenges
Glitter Geeks....Mothers Day
Delightful challenges....someone special.
Moving along with the times.....special lady.
Creative Inspirations.....something for Mum.
My Mums craft shop....Mums the word.
Everybody Art....easel card.
Papertake....one for the girls or Mum

Thank you for all of your supportive comments and welcome to my new followers so nice of you to join.
Hugs n smiles

24 comments:

Doreen said...

Such a pretty card Daniele.xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and LOL! your dog bowl story did make me giggle, bless him!
Helen x

mags said...

Beautiful cards Daniele. I did laugh when I read the dog bowl story. Kids.
Mags
x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

LOL! kids do the funniest of thing, how cute though, very clever thinking to use the dogs bowl LOL!!

Gorgeous card, love the colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Carol C said...

Lol! At least he washed the bowl :)

Lovely card, really pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at The Glitter Geeks this week, Carol :-) xx

Mau xx said...

Thats really thinking outside the box Daniele....lol we have to admit we wouldn't have even thought of it :)
A beautiful card, I love the colours and design, it is so pretty. Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge.
Hope you have a wonderful Mothers day xx Mau

Meggymay said...

Happy Mothers Day Daniele, loved the story about the dog bowl. Your cards are gorgeous.
Yvonne x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Daniele, I had to laugh at your dog bowl tale.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Hi Daniele, wow hun these are gorgeous. Is that a stamp?? Never seen it before but love it! Hugs, Frea

Paula said...

LOL at dog bowl story :)) Pretty card and beautiful colours Daniele. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :))

Claire said...

Beautiful card Danielle, love the colours. Thanks for playing along with MAWTT this week. Hugs, Claire x

Holly Young said...

oh my gosh, LOL, you scared me!!! I jumped a million feet because I thought somehow I had missed Mother's Day! LOL, I forget it's earlier in the UK and other countries than it is in the US (where it's held in May)

This is a stunning card! Love the colors,,,,,,and thanks for sharing the funny story LOL

debby4000 said...

Oh Daniele this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby

Ally said...

Absolutely fanztastic card, love it, the colours are divine!
tee hee, funny story, I laughed so hard... using the dogs bowl, hee hee, what a cool idea and you cannot say that he wasn't inventive (hope that's the right word for it...). Oh man, he was a smart young lad!
Hugs, Alessandra

CraftyNess said...

Aw how sweet the he made the effort with the cake - despite the dog bowl :D thanks for sharing it. Lovely card and great colours - thanks for joining the Glitter Geeks challenge this week x

Pami said...

Beautiful card Daniele, such pretty colours! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card - perfect for a MUM
Many thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Trudie said...

Gorgeous card, really pretty! Love the dog bowl story..... had to read it out to the family who also found it amusing!! What an ingenious idea!! I am glad we don't have a dog because I am sure this is a tip my 12 year old son (who wants to become a pastry chef) would no doubt use!!! Thank you for joining us at MMCS xx
Trudiexx

Nelly said...

so pretty!such a sweet card! thanks for joining in with the Glitter Geeks, Nelly x

Mona Evy said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge.

Suzie McFloozy said...

Lovely card love the gorgeous die cut x x
Thanks for playing along with us at My mums craft shop challenges this week & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Ah this is super, what a great card, I love the colours you have used, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

what a gorgeous card love the colors.......

HUgs
Judith

coldwaters2 said...

What a lovely memory to share Daniele and what a beautiful card you are sharing with us as well this is one super card the colours and design are stunning.
hugs
Lorraine x